Saturday, December 1, 2007

Just a Pidge


I saw this gorgeous little scarf called a Pidge on Daily Candy. I thought it would be the perfect little neck piece to wear with a sweater or under a jacket as the weather cooled. It didn't look complicated so I thought I would try to make one for myself. This is how I made mine.

Materials

US size 10 knitting needles

50 grams DK or Worsted weight yarn


2 buttons sized to fit between stitches

Cast on 22 stitches and work in Twisted Stockinette Stitch pattern until pieces measures 21.5 inches or desired length. Bind off. Weave in ends. Sew buttons along the long side of the piece near the short edge.

Twisted Stockinette Stitch
Row 1 (right side) knit inserting needle through back loop of each stitch
Row 2 purl all stitches

Repeat these two rows for pattern.


I am getting a lot of wear out of mine. I particularly like that it doesn't hang down and get in my way.


No comments: